The XII NExT PhD Workshop will take place from 28 June to 1 July 2022.
This workshop, designed specifically for early career researchers, is a compulsory event for the cohort of NExT PhD students who started in September 2021.
Other students can also come however, and we encourage you to do so! In allocating places on the Course priority shall be given to the STFC-sponsored students. The Course shall be free of charge to STFC-sponsored and self-supporting students. Consideration will be given by the STFC, in conjunction with local organisers, to offering any remaining places to students in receipt of other sponsorship.
The workshop comprises lectures by world experts in particle physics on the most recent ideas to search for new physics at colliders and beyond.
- Djuna Croon (Durham)* - Particle Physics and Cosmology
- Michel Tytgat (Universite Libre de Bruxelles) - Dark Matter
- Stefan Schacht (Manchester) - Flavour Physics
- Eleni Vryonidou (Manchester) - Standard Model Effective Field Theories
Students will have the opportunity to present their own work through lightning talks, posters and discussion sessions, where they will have the possibility to interact with the lecturers in a stimulating and supporting environment.
The workshop will also feature sessions on careers advice, employer engagement and research ethics.
Fees. Attendance is free of charge for NExT PhD students as well as STFC and self-funded ones from elsewhere in the UK, including accommodation, lunches and a conference dinner. Others can apply to come, we will decide on whether we have room for them to participate closer to the time.
* We are very pleased to announce that Djuna is pregnant! and due to give birth end of August, so she might be in person, she might be online, or she might be replaced by another speaker.